Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pattycake Online Free

For the "Arthur" of all ages.


few days ago, a cousin sent me a folder full of pictures that had her mother's sister mine.
Some photos and some not seen before.
My mother and sister died many years. The folder was kept around as everything old that is stored in a drawer or box.
The folder with the photos ran with the fate of someone who still knows the value not only discovered and rescued him but I do get.

Alongside these photos really struck me that there was a newspaper clipping and I keep my breast.
carefully unrolled it and read the newspaper was in 1964. The cut reproduces a letter from General Douglas MacArthur to his son Arturo.

The introduction of the paper says:

Publishers of "Prensa Libre" paying tribute of admiration and respect for Gen. Douglas MacArthur,
Playing his memorable "Prayer", written for his son Arthur in the Philippines, during the critical early days of World War II.
is a beautiful spiritual legacy for the "Arthur" of all ages.
Saturday April 11, 1964.

now that the General died on April 5, 1964, at 84 years of age. So the publication.
Douglas MacArthur (January 26, 1880-May 4, 1964)

"Prayer of a Parent"

"Give me, O Lord a child who is strong enough to know when it is weak and brave enough to face himself when be afraid. A child who is proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and magnanimous in victory.

Give me a child never bend your back when you need to lift the breast: a child knowing you know, and knowing oneself is the cornerstone of knowledge.

Drive it, I beg you, not convenient and easy way, but on rough roads, spurred by the difficulties and challenges. There
let him learn to stand firm in the storm and feel compassion for those who fail.

me a son whose heart is clear, whose ideals are high: a child who masters himself before trying to dominate others: a child who learns to laugh, but who also knows mourn, a son that progress towards future but never forget the past.
And after you have given all that, Lord, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so it can always be taken seriously without it too seriously. Give him humility so that you can always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the impartiality of true wisdom, the meekness of true strength.

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper ... I have not lived in vain "General Douglas MacArthur

0 comments:

Post a Comment