Saturday, January 1, 2011

What Ever Happened To Tiffany

REFLECTION OF THE "WORD OF HONOR" Emotional Intelligence in Leadership

For that honor does exist, but there are carriers .. TAKEN FROM THE BOOK

¨ THE OTHER HISTORY OF MEXICO, Diaz and Madero, THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT ¨



OF SOURCES AGUIRRE ARMANDO ¨ CATON ¨




MEN OF HONOR



The children of the Heroic Military College has always honored its campus, and as shown is this story.



In the year 1892 died Don Carlos Charter. A street in the city of Saltillo, Coahuila bears his name. And most deserving of this honor because I am about to narrate.



After the fall of Queretaro was a prisoner of the Juaristas General Don Severo del Castillo, Chief of Staff of Maximilian. He was sentenced to death, and his custody was entrusted to Colonel Carlos Charter. The day before the execution was sleeping when her assistant Colonel woke him up. General Del Castillo, he said, wanted to talk with him. Charter is dressed quickly and went immediately to his cell on death row. Do not forget that Don Severo had been a friend of his father.



- Carlos - said the General, - sorry I made you wake up. As you know I have a few hours of life, and I need to do me a favor. I want to confess and make my will. Please call the parent sends Montes and Mr. José María Vázquez .--



- Mi General - Jurisdiction answered - do not think it necessary that these gentlemen come .--



- How? - Are angered General Del Castillo. - I'm saying I want to fix things my soul and my family, what you say you do not need to come to the priest and the notary? -



- Indeed, my General - Republican repeated the Colonel. - No need to send call. You will personally arrange their affairs and I will remain in place until you return. -



Don Severo was stunned. The show of confidence that gave the young colonel was extraordinary.



- But Carlos - he replied excitedly. - What guarantee that you will return to face the firing squad? -



- His Word HONOR, General - said Charter.



- now you have it - Severo said hugging the young colonel.



they both went out and said outside the charge of the watch:



- General Mr. Del Castillo goes home to settle some issues. I will stay in place as a prisoner. When he returns you send me awake. -



The next morning, when it reached the top headquarters Charter, General Bras Rocha, in charge of the guard told him what happened. Rocha was running to the cell where he was out and found him sleeping peacefully. Woke him moving.



- What did Carlos?, Why did you go to the General? -



- I will - I said Charter. - If not, then I shoot myself and settled. -



Just then we heard footsteps on the pavement.



- Who goes? - Shouted the sentry.



- Mexico! - Said the vibrant voice of General Del Castillo. - And a prisoner of war. - Fulfilling



his word of honor again to be shot Don Severo.



The end of this history is very happy. General Del Castillo was not passed by the arms. Rocha Mariano Escobedo told what had happened, and this Don Benito Juárez. The Benefactor, touched by the magnanimity of the two soldiers, General pardoned and ordered the suspension of any proceeding against Charter. Both were sons of the Military School, both did honor to the glorious institution.

0 comments:

Post a Comment